Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology
Section of Oculoplastics, Orbital and Cosmetic Surgery
H. Joon Kim, MD, is an assistant professor in the section of Oculplastics, Orbital and Cosmetic surgery, who has been with the Emory Eye Center since 2010. She specializes in the medical and surgical management of both adults and children with eyelid, eye socket, and tear duct problems.
• Common age-related conditions, such as “droopy eyelids”
• Cancers and benign tumors of the eyelid and eye socket
• Neurologic conditions that include facial nerve palsies, blepharospasm, and hemifacial spasm
• Autoimmune diseases, such as thyroid eye disease and related surgeries
• Trauma-related issues that involve broken eye sockets or eyelid lacerations
• Pediatric conditions ranging from blocked tear ducts to repairing birth defects of the eye and eyelids
• Cosmetic procedures, including Botox™ and facial fillers, removal of “under-eye bags,, eyelid and brow lifts, and Asian blepharoplasty (“double eyelid” procedure)
She provides patient care at Emory Eye Center, Emory Midtown, Emory at St. Joseph Hospital, and Children’s Hospital of Atlanta at Egleston. She also greatly enjoys teaching residents and fellows at the Atlanta VA Medical Center and Grady Memorial Hospital.
She is a team physicians for the Atlanta Hawks professional basketball team.
Dr. Kim contributes significantly with her research that focuses on various surgical techniques, orbital conditions, and challenging pediatric conditions.
Dr. Kim is board certified in ophthalmology by the American Board of Ophthalmology. She is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) and the American Medical Association (AMA). She has published numerous articles and book chapters in peer-reviewed publications and has presented at national and international meetings.
• Cosmetic and functional eyelid conditions and related surgeries
• Orbital disorders
• Tear duct conditions
• Congenital disorders
Medical School and Internship: The University of Texas Medical School, Houston, TX, 2002-07
Ophthalmology Residency: Cizik Eye Center, The University of Texas Medical School, Houston, TX, 2007-10
Fellowship in Oculoplastic Surgery:
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, 2010-12
Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology
Copyright © Emory Eye Center - All Rights Reserved | Emory Clinic Building B, 1365B Clifton Road, NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30322 USA