Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology
Section of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus
Phoebe Lenhart, MD is currently an assistant professor in the Department of Ophthalmology at Emory University School of Medicine. She joined the section of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus in August 2009. Her clinical interests include pediatric and adult strabismus, pediatric cataracts, pediatric cornea and keratoplasty, and global pediatric eye care. She currently sees patients at Emory Eye Center and at Emory University Hospital Midtown.
Dr. Lenhart received her bachelor’s degree magna cum laude with high honors in English at Davidson College in North Carolina. After college, she participated in the Japan Exchange and Teaching Programme. She attended medical school at Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta, Ga., and also completed her internship, residency and fellowship at Emory. Following her fellowship, she apprenticed with Gerald Zaidman, MD, president of the Pediatric Keratoplasty Association at Westchester Medical Center in New York. In 2012, Lenhart visited Burundi in Africa where she participated in a surgical outreach for pediatric cataracts. Dr. Lenhart has published articles in peer-reviewed publications and presented posters at national ophthalmology meetings.
• Board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology
• Memberships: Phi Beta Kappa and Omicron Delta Kappa honor societies, American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus, American Society for Cataract and Refractive Surgery, Pediatric Keratoplasty Association, and the Georgia Society of Ophthalmology.
• Emory University Global Health Institute’s Global Scholar Award
• Pediatric and adult strabismus
• Pediatric cataracts
• Pediatric cornea and keratoplasty
• Global pediatric eye care
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA: 2000-04.
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA: 2004-05.
Residency in Ophthalmology
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA: 2005-08.
Fellowship in Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA: 2008-09.
Copyright © Emory Eye Center - All Rights Reserved | Emory Clinic Building B, 1365B Clifton Road, NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30322 USA